Welcome Pond5ers!

Hello Pond5ers.
Pondcasts will go into different ways of making money through putting videos onto the Pond5 website.
Pond5 is the best stock footage site and allows beginners and pros to make money by making short 10 second clips and turning them into dollars.
Start off for fun and turn it into a business. This site will explain how certain styles sell and how to use your own originality to sell clips you don't need to follow the crowd.

Tuesday 12 February 2013

New lights new action!

I have now an office which I am using as a studio and I have bought finally some lights they are called photoflex starlight kit I bought two
creative video website
I have never needed light too much having mainly worked outside, but the difference in quality is immense. Putting these things together is a bit of a bugger, its like putting up a tent, you don't expect that from an item you spend alot of money on to force metal rods to breaking point to fix them in place, but this is what is required, I dare say after a few good bends these things get more flexible. The instructions are appalling they look like they've been photocopied together by an 80s photocopier onto some card. Come on guys I spent money on this thing why the hell can't you spend a bit of money on the instructions.
It's ironic that a light that you use for videos has no video on setting it up. Apart from the bending of the rods everything is very logical and really does not require instruction(which is lucky) I can only assume they think you have bought some before.
Instructions- rubbish lights - good.
Also using Cannon 550d with a 50mm lens really makes these shots beautiful, I hired a nearby room and worked with the actress Jane Howard and Joyce Connor from Brides and Beauty. Joyce did some excellent work with Jane and the shots have come out looking 100 times better than my usual shots. The great thing about making stock footage is you learn so many new skills I have learned how to light and also to use a make up artist, something I had yet to consider. I should have about 400 clips up by the end of the month, I intend on getting 600 by June. That's double the 300 I started with this year. This should double the amount I earn, but withe very clip you make your skills improve so you are more likely to make more cash as you are always learning what sells. This is what I believe to be the key analyze your sales and go in the direction of your sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment