Welcome Pond5ers!

Hello Pond5ers.
Pondcasts will go into different ways of making money through putting videos onto the Pond5 website.
Pond5 is the best stock footage site and allows beginners and pros to make money by making short 10 second clips and turning them into dollars.
Start off for fun and turn it into a business. This site will explain how certain styles sell and how to use your own originality to sell clips you don't need to follow the crowd.

Thursday 17 January 2013

Put people in Pond5

I want to talk about investing in actors this was something I did with caution, so far I have always used the equipment that I had for making video production so there was never any extra cost, perhaps a train ticket to London but that was it.  After getting to 200 clips on pond5 one clip had sold that I had taken of a friend, I decided to pay the same friend to work with me and star in my clips he also is a cameraman so he could take some shots and have a different perspective. Manager gives advice (My first sale with an actor) I paid him a measly 10 pounds an hour and we spent 4 afternoons filming, it worked out at about £200 that's about 350 dollars, I thought, well that was a waste of time no-ones is going to buy these then gradually the shots we made started to sell. working lunch with beer This was the first shot that sold a man eating a meal the actors face is not even in shot, I took some more of him with his face in shot but this did not sell. man with umbrella Another really simple shot sold of a man with an umbrella as per usual in England it was raining, but you can't even see the rain, only the umbrella . After these many of the other clips we had filmed sold, it soon became clear I had made the money back on the payment of the actor. I realized that you could invest in actors and the money would be paid back, and everything else would be a profit. The new batch of poond5 clips with actors will be on the way, lets see whether I can get the cash back on these !

No comments:

Post a Comment