Welcome Pond5ers!

Hello Pond5ers.
Pondcasts will go into different ways of making money through putting videos onto the Pond5 website.
Pond5 is the best stock footage site and allows beginners and pros to make money by making short 10 second clips and turning them into dollars.
Start off for fun and turn it into a business. This site will explain how certain styles sell and how to use your own originality to sell clips you don't need to follow the crowd.

Friday 8 March 2013

Pond5 at BVE Excel

I went to BVE in Excel in London this is a broadcast and production technology event, along with seminars and presentations, it has exhibitors like Canon, Red camera, Sony and of course Pond5.

                                                          Steve & Gilles



I met up with Andy, Gilles and Steve from Pond5 at their stand. They talked to me about the new version 2  Pond5  website which is great, it has the new drag and drop capability which is really user friendly, don't forget the more user friendly the better it is for sales!

I met alot of production companies who were really interested in Pond5. I think when you are a Pond5 Artist you forget how and why people buy your clips. Why does an obscure shot of a man biting his computer sell? I now believe I know; There are thousands of productions companies all over the world, and all of them have their specific niche. A video editor for a production company asked if we had shots of Africa, I of course knew that there would be many, there was more than 23,000, we then narrowed the search to African tribes I could then decrease the shots down to 413 clips which made it easier for him to find some really good HD clips. It's good when you know because of the sheer amount of artists on Pond5 you can guarantee a shot will be there for them.

There was a Christian production company that  produce video backdrops for churchs, this made me understand how this shot sold.
 http://www.pond5.com/stock-footage/10897395/man-praying.html?ref=thursdayfilms
They asked me what clips Pond5 had, they were stunned by the sheer amount of clips Pond5 has.

 There is a production company for everything  and each one  wants something specific, so  if you imagine that companies from all over the world can buy clips from Pond5 you have a high chance that someone will buy yours.

A lot of production companies were very enthusiastic in fact they explained to me why Pond5 was so good;  instead of having to go to Paris to film you can just put these clips together and you have a great news item or if you missed some shots when filming in London you could buy two or three clips to fill the gap, it could save the job!

Andy, Gilles and Steve were great fun and they explained to me alot about Pond5 and really motivated me as a Pond5er to keep on stocking, its really helpful to to talk to the people behind Pond5.

  I also met Beucroft my first English Pond5er! I look forward to interviewing him in a coming pondcast.

Here is one of his shots that has sold 54 times! I say hasta pronto and keeeeep stocking!


No comments:

Post a Comment