Welcome Pond5ers!

Hello Pond5ers.
Pondcasts will go into different ways of making money through putting videos onto the Pond5 website.
Pond5 is the best stock footage site and allows beginners and pros to make money by making short 10 second clips and turning them into dollars.
Start off for fun and turn it into a business. This site will explain how certain styles sell and how to use your own originality to sell clips you don't need to follow the crowd.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Selling stock footage to the masses - well 3 people.

Firstly I shall give you a quick summery of my sales of videos to the website Pond5-
I sold three video clips this month, nothing much has sold over the last month, I think it has something to do with dates, apparently August is a quiet month say the pond5ers in the forum, so I have really uploaded loads at the moment I am aiming to get 200 videos up soon, although really the aim is to get 60 sales this year, so along way to go till January (maybe 48 or something, bah!)

But anyway I filmed my holiday to St Ives where I got loads of stock footage see if you can spot the shots which are going into Pond5 (most of them)

I hope to get a free holiday out of this from them, this is if I get enough people looking at the video and the holiday camp like it, who knows they might give us a free Weekend or week.
The video I made for the Sevlor Moorea canoe(see the post below) has had 300 or so hits I have emailed them but I shall hassle them a bit more, I hope to get a free Kayak out of the video,there must have been a lot of people deciding to buy that from my vid I hope.

Now here is something I am very pleased with,

This film has everything I love in it, well two things cactus and a canoe( really a Kayak) there is also Clipper Lemon Tea involved in the finished film just to add to the joy, so really 3 things I love, basically the concept of the show is that I interview local people to Reading while giving them Tea with a cactus it's high concept stuff man.

Tell me what you think and I shall give you the first episode when its up and in case you were wondering about my catch phrase--- "Get off my Boat!"

Speak soon
and keep well

Martin

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you can and there are plenty of photographers and videographers doing it. Especially with the difference in currency rates.

    Cheers,
    Brian Weck
    StockFuel

    ReplyDelete