Welcome Pond5ers!

Hello Pond5ers.
Pondcasts will go into different ways of making money through putting videos onto the Pond5 website.
Pond5 is the best stock footage site and allows beginners and pros to make money by making short 10 second clips and turning them into dollars.
Start off for fun and turn it into a business. This site will explain how certain styles sell and how to use your own originality to sell clips you don't need to follow the crowd.

Wednesday 11 November 2015

Finding actors

I'm having trouble getting actors, I've emailed some models that I've found on the internet and I contacted the Reading University Drama society thinking they would reply to the promise of money but not a reply.

 So what should I do to get actors, they don't need to really be good looking just human with acting chops. Maybe Facebook but then means lots of hilarious replies that I can't be bothered with and all the wrong people answering. I also need them available in the day time.

 The kind of shots I am looking to film are in my office so your classic office shots. Office worker on phone office worker on iPad, comparing data on iPad and smart phone, buying stuff on their laptop. Whats of course vaguely interesting that the shots that sell are not the well thought out clips but the random ones that the actor comes up with.

 A couple of years I had a good vaguely unemployed friend, now they're the best they turn up and do the hours and ones with a creative bent are the best cause they suggest themes you hadn't thought out, OK they suggest stupid ideas but a lot of the shots they suggested still sell. Anyway I will continue to email models and see who replies. Any suggestions give me a bell.

 Cheers Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment