Welcome Pond5ers!

Hello Pond5ers.
Pondcasts will go into different ways of making money through putting videos onto the Pond5 website.
Pond5 is the best stock footage site and allows beginners and pros to make money by making short 10 second clips and turning them into dollars.
Start off for fun and turn it into a business. This site will explain how certain styles sell and how to use your own originality to sell clips you don't need to follow the crowd.

Tuesday 16 July 2013

How to motivate your self to make stock footage!

Motivation on Magic day the 15th!

 

It's hard to motivate yourself to make footage when you are never sure what footage is going to sell. But every time I get paid on Magic day (the 15th! of every month) I think of this money as pay for the next job, its not money from previous work, its being paid to go and do more work. You can treat it more like a normal job which for some people like me might make it easier to deal with.

 

Recent sales and news

I have now 426 clips up but it will be 500 with help from my latest shoot, I have not been a real harcore stock provider due to big video jobs coming up and slowing me down, even though I'm slow I have learned over the last 3 years a lot and I hope my shots are improving all the time.

Sales have been good recently perhaps with more stock going up all the time, I recently sold some stock from a shoot which we hired a room and used make up artist, a model and lighting. I suppose this was my greatest investment and I have been waiting to see whether it would sell but 6 months later a clip has. That doesn't sound great but as I always say these shots are an investment for the future, so far all shots since I started have have been selling still over the last three years so these shots I made six months ago should gradually make their money back (payment of actor) and make a profit

office worker eating pizza




I think when I get to 500 clips I will be able to work out the formula for how much stock I need to create to be able to live off it. Last year I had 200 clips up and I have earned  in 6 months more than I did for the whole of last year so there is a big increase every time you provide more quality stock!!


Right I'm off to add keywords and upload clips.  I will leave you with a shot of Southern France from my holiday to relax you, so you can chill a little..  and one more thing.... Keeeeeeep stocking!


The sea in Southern France






1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just wanted to thank you for all your YouTube videos and this blog. You've inspired me to start stocking! I just had the curator at Pond5 approve my first 2 clips. Very exciting! I hope to catch up to you some day.

    Anyway, it looks like you haven't posted any videos or blog posts in about a year. I hope you haven't given up, I've enjoyed the content on your blog and YouTube that you've been sharing! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete