Welcome Pond5ers!

Hello Pond5ers.
Pondcasts will go into different ways of making money through putting videos onto the Pond5 website.
Pond5 is the best stock footage site and allows beginners and pros to make money by making short 10 second clips and turning them into dollars.
Start off for fun and turn it into a business. This site will explain how certain styles sell and how to use your own originality to sell clips you don't need to follow the crowd.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Making 700 video clips by the First of August! plus video and audio pondcasts!

Ok so why do I want to do this? Well I reacon you might be interested to know whether you really can live off the business of making stock footage and hitting 700 would give you a good clue, for the last two years I have been working very slowly mainly due to not being certain that there really is a survival possibility, but now I have read shut up and shoot, the book clearly shows that there is that possibility, I have asked in forums and so on but people have been vague this book isn't vague. The other notable point is that I started making money.


 On some of my youtube pages people have asked whether you could travel around the world and film whilst doing it, this surely is exactly why I got into stock footage, imagine never really working but just uploading videos how amazing would that be? So what I am doing is trying to set up a business formula which could work anywhere around the world, a transferable project which means you could see the world uploading videos on the way. At present I have started working with one actor
But I am going to try and find more actors and get them to work with me, heres a little explanation of my plan.
I think it's going to be really good fun, along with that I am aiming to film every London underground train station in the world, well London, now the reason I can put that fact out there, is that I believe no one else can be bothered to do this. Finally I'm going to go round factories and shops and send them a video like the above video for actors, and you know what with all this stock I might even make some kind of film, well it's free clips for me!
So follow my journeys as I endeavour to live off stock footage, don't forget if I can do this in Britain I can do it round the world, the theory will be proven, we all will be able to live the wonderful lifestyle just a camera and a computer....
700 clips by August 1!

Here is the latest audio pondcast as I set out to make stock footage in London
right click here and "save as" to download that mp3! and listen to me on your ipod or whatever you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment