Welcome Pond5ers!

Hello Pond5ers.
Pondcasts will go into different ways of making money through putting videos onto the Pond5 website.
Pond5 is the best stock footage site and allows beginners and pros to make money by making short 10 second clips and turning them into dollars.
Start off for fun and turn it into a business. This site will explain how certain styles sell and how to use your own originality to sell clips you don't need to follow the crowd.

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Huge Sales week! making money on holiday.

Ok this is good stuff this week, I have made 5 sales, I have never made 4 sales in four days, and it was two videos I made whilst travelling round India, thus proving this is something you can make whilst travelling around the world. I asked permission to film one of the shots of people building on the side of road and the good thing about Indian people is they seem to like being filmed, I mean they actually came up to me and asked have their photos taken. Whilst I'm not saying every single person in India wants to be filmed or photo taken, it was definitely different.

When I was in Delhi, people asked to have their photos taken with my girlfriend which she assured me was Ok. I wasn't that keen but later on I was walking along in a market in Kasawli when people asked to have their photo taken with me, as they never get white tourists or tourists for that matter.
They took it in turns to each use a different camera and different combinations standing next to me, I felt famous to be honest like a D list X factor contestant. I have to admit my ego liked it, it liked it a lot.
On this page you can see a film of my travels http://martinellerbeck.blogspot.com/p/documentaries.html



WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE OF MAKING STOCK FOOTAGE OVER TRYING TO SELL VIDEOS TO PEOPLE?

1. You don't have to spend hours in meetings.
2. You don't have to spend hours phoning and emailing people to meet them.
3. You just film and edit.
4. You practice filming your shots.
5. You learn what is fashionable to sell.
6. It's easy.
7. Its addictive.




Stock Video Footage: Builders in busy street, Delhi India

This video is quite unusual and if you want to capture the chaos of India, there is nothing like this on Pond5.












Stock Video Footage: Crowded Delhi street


This shot is one I was most proud of, it just shows mayhem with all the cables hanging down. I love this shot.








Stock Video Footage: Commuters drive through rain.



This shot has only had three views and after that has sold, I shot it out of my window when it was raining, a lot of my sales have been from my window, you don't need to go all the way to India! The other shot was some builders behind my flat in London who were making a right racket so I thought I should film them.



My Other sales were




Stock Video Footage: The Classic London Underground Sign

2 sales for this, I think London Underground use this shot in their adverts.





Stock Video Footage: Crowds go shopping


This always sells 3 sales now, I have tried to get similar shots in cases people want variety but this is the shot that sells, if a video has sold then it is more likely to get promoted.


OK well I hope you enjoy the videos and if you fancy starting up on Pond5 here is a link
Stock Video by thursdayfilms at Pond5: The World's Stock Footage Marketplace

Addiction to Pond5
I find it is quite addictive to sell stock footage, every time you get a sale you get a beautiful email which tells you, you have free money, I mean technically you did film the footage and edit it, but that could have been last year and you've forgotten the work you put in. You always hope to see that message in your inbox, and the more work you put in, you will always get more money- beautiful.


best


see you later

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment