Welcome Pond5ers!

Hello Pond5ers.
Pondcasts will go into different ways of making money through putting videos onto the Pond5 website.
Pond5 is the best stock footage site and allows beginners and pros to make money by making short 10 second clips and turning them into dollars.
Start off for fun and turn it into a business. This site will explain how certain styles sell and how to use your own originality to sell clips you don't need to follow the crowd.

Saturday 31 December 2011

new pond5 sale


Mr Ellerbeck out filming.

Hi Pond5ers
The reason why I am chuffed with this sale is that it is a beautiful shot it means that other shots that I film of moody ambient shots could sell, I went out filming as it was a foggy day and thought maybe someone could use a clip like this in a film, imagine a moody shot with a character sitting there looking at the view.
I wonder what it was sold for? I'm always curious as to find out who uses my shots.







Now after more than a year it has sold, I always though that it was a waisted day maybe good practice filming and fun but really one wants to get paid. So the question is price I only made 20 dollars as I sold it for 40 and you get half and pond 5 get half, I wonder if they would have bought it for 50 or 100? as I imagine It won't sell hundreds as its very specific. If I sell videos more than twice I put the price up to 50.

In another blog I shall talk about prices, cause that really is important, I have seen people selling there shots for 200 dollars this means with one sale you have made what you would with 4 it's a risk. Maybe I should put one at 200?





I recently saw this shot of mine in a London Underground video on the Internet, it's the first time I have ever seen one of my videos on the Internet and was well chuffed, it was on an advert explaining why there were delays on the tubes. I had been selling it for 50 dollars so I then put it up to 60, and will wait and see whether it will sell again?

Any views on pricing ? Please leave me comments I shall do a whole piece on the advantages and disadvantages of pricing..ones thing for sure if you sell your videos for 10 dollars you're a shmuck, and with that advice I say a deau...

1 comment:

  1. Cool stuff! I never really thought about where these types of shots come from. Your clips look great. Thanks for the post on ihatedavegrohl.com too.

    ReplyDelete